~Roadside MS Forums~

Welcome to the official forums of RoadsideMS. Have fun in our server!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rick is suggesting we go back to v55

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sorrow
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:33 am

You can't switch the V62 data base to a V55, nor a V55 to a V62. So if he does switch, he will have to wipe. Unless he knows some godly way of doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi<3
Forum Mod<3
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 am

v62!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:44 am

Freeman, why'd you edit all that? If you wanted to state something else I said, it'd have made much more sense to say it, instead of editing posts I wouldn't look at, or I'm assuming that's what your goal was, so I didn't reply? You didn't say anything about the whole I should have gave names, and I did give names, Cryptic and Kenn later on. I also stated how I couldn't very well give an opinion of you yet. And if it wasn't you that did all the editing to my posts, what the fuck, all you did was make it look sloppy. And next time please state your reasons for editing, as all Mods should if it's someone elses post, so we know what the fuck was done to it, and why. Or is that asking to much?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi<3
Forum Mod<3
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Kay guys, Stop it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvingan725
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:06 pm

omg, 800posts..............
@sorrow:
i was saying get the better packed version v62 so we don't crash, and we have to figure out how to back up data base...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:09 pm

I was replying to lolwutx3 or whatever her/his name was, not you. Next time I'll quote so their isn't confusion. Sorry. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi<3
Forum Mod<3
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Naw, im sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freeman
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:45 pm

I didn't edit anything Surprised

Freeman wrote:
Anyway, I'm not talking about this any more. I work too damn hard to let one person judge me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinn

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Sorrow, using personal insults to assist you in backing up your points is really stupid and has no point in it at all. The way i see it, Freeman is trying to make a friend of you but you keep misunderstanding his points and turning them into insults of which you throw back at him. Also, it is horribly off topic, and it would be great if you both just stopped right now. I can very well see that both of you are mature and can bundle eachother up in the back of a van, but let's keep it at this, and suggest ideas towards the topic. Thanks**

Anyways, what i was going to say on the topic...
v55 & v62 are both equally stable it depends on the server running them and what it can do, it also depends on the skill of the staff handling the server. Most likely you think v55 is more stable because v55 repacks that are stable are more easy to come by, whereas v62 repacks which are completely stable are rare.

I suggest staying with v62, as the banner would be useless if you didn't Razz. Jus kidding ( iknow you can make another banner.) v62, is more flexible and has more features.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anime-rpg.co.cc
Cryptic
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:01 am

Anyway just to mention on whatever sorrow said which was aimed at me.
All those time i spent at the fm talking, i doubt u even knew what time it was and let me tell you
Its at least 12am to 6am in the morning for me and i would guess it be in the morning or afternoon for you.
I could just spend my time sleeping instead then interacting with people.
And i doubt siting in the fm for HOURS.

Only if rick starts taking care of the server then ..

Sorrow
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:06 am

@ Jinn - Actually I never used an actual insult, and someone did edit the posts him and I had. I used my opinion and used the facts that I have personally seen. And by you bring it up again only allows it to go, as you can clearly see it had stopped.

@Cryptic - I'm not the only one who feels this way about you. Razz Before stating my opinion on you, I shared it with others, as sure enough they agree 120%. And I'm on a lot when you are, and all you do is sit in FM and talk and summon away. Which according to rules here on the forums you aren't allowed to do. Rolling Eyes Anyways I'm done with the chat about you being 'lazy'.

To be back on topic :

As for the V55/V62. People simply can't handle a wipe so close to having 2 already, staying with 62 and stabilizing is the best bet. V55 and V62 can both be stable as Jinn said, just takes a bit of work. But the work will be well worth it. People will be more willing to donate to a stable server. I know personally I would be more willing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:09 am

They've already gone crazy about this.
"If it downgrades to v55, I'm going to quit."

Edit: Just a quote from people, I've been hearing this lately.

-How to register and install RMS, the pro way.
-Banned players list.

Haxors banned: 42

Last edited by Kenn on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:11 am

Kenn wrote:
They've already gone crazy about this.
"If it downgrades to v55, I'm going to quit."

And why would you quit? All Ricks trying to do is stabilize. But V55 has issues on it's own. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:12 am

I wouldn't, the others are just worried about the wipe that'll happen if it downgrades.

-Banned players list.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freeman
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:12 am

Yup, nobody wants a v.55 server nowadays it seems.

No pirates I guess is what most people will miss

I will miss jump-down, I LOVE JUMP-DOWN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 am

Oh yeah, That jump-down thingy for v62. LAWL It's useful for me. I'd miss it too.

-Banned players list.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cryptic
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:17 am

Well, if you plan to follow strictly word by word according to the GM rules, rick can jolly well removed EVERY gm in the game now i swear.
Well since you are saying you're online a lot when i'm, state the time please Very Happy
As well those who agreed or so to your opinion

Sorrow
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:23 am

@Cryptic - I'm on all around the clock. School and a Job see to that, as I get very little sleep. And as for people that agree, you should pay more attention to that chat you're in, we've discussed it. And The only GM that seems to even do a remotely decent job is Circa, and from what I'm seeing Freeman. And if you really want names, send me a PM, as I won't make their names public. You and Kenn are the only GMs I have personally seen to summon in FM. Rolling Eyes Seriously if you want to argue with me please PM me, and we can go from there.Thanks.

@ Kenn - Sadly we would lose members if we went to V55. But in all honesty, they'd probably come back. I've browsed over PS's for a while, and frankly they suck. RoadSide was the decent one I ran across. But most are dedicated players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machalla666
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:30 am

Sorrow wrote:
Seriously if you want to argue with me please PM me, and we can go from there.

Thank god cheers

Topic:

If its either v.55 or v.62 the reasons for the crashes and lags still have to be handled somehow.
Like spamming spawns from the side of the GM's.
And spamming (s)megas and hacking from the side of the players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://machalla666.newgrounds.com/
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

There are much more hacks in v55.

-Banned players list.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:36 am

Yea V55 is loaded with hackers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:37 am

The security is just retarded. The coding is too easy to mod for hacks.

-Banned players list.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:38 am

Agreed. Rofl. Very easy. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cryptic
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:52 am

Anw circa has been holding lots of event all along and in case u didn't know, it isn't even allowed.
Yea so i admit i summoned mob which gives NO exp, doubt that would hurt anyone.
Taking it to the rules, i can say its much worst then then giving out items as for event prizes and holding the event.
Note i'm not against circa or so.

Nuff said..

To the topic:
Now just that rick does something about it and apparently he isn't doing much.

Last edited by Cryptic on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvingan725
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:03 am

kenn u stole my line Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rick is suggesting we go back to v55   

Back to top Go down

Rick is suggesting we go back to v55
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next